Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Colon Cancer 5K


Today is the last day to register for the Get Your Rear in Gear Colon Cancer Coalition 5K.  The 5K is in Chattanooga this Saturday (March 12).  I will be running (um, i mean walking) with Team Journey which is Sara's team (see post below about Sara's battle).

This 5K is raising money for colon cancer research. My father-in-law is a colon cancer survivor. I have a friend who is battling colon cancer. I lost a friend to colon cancer in October and I have 2 sweet friends who lost their father to colon cancer last month. My aunt is battling ovarian cancer but is taking a colon cancer medicine. Needless to say, this race is huge because cancer research isn't free!

If you would like to join Team Journey, register your own team, or donate to any team in the 5K just click here.

No comments: