Monday, January 31, 2011

About This Memphis Belle

Hi! Welcome to my blog. This is my 4th blog. The first 2 blogs were great, the 3rd blog...not so much. Funny thing is...blogs don't seem to write themselves and that is what makes a great blog (which is the reason for the 3rd blog's failure). Hopefully I will be more diligent with this blog. Starting from scratch...

You are probably thinking "Why is your blog titled Memphis Belle when you don't even live in Memphis?"
My roots run deep in Bluff City ~ From my uncle being friends with Elvis and having dinner with him most every night (my uncle lived in the apartment directly above Elvis) to my dad growing up in Memphis and a City of Memphis Firefighter to my mom running a research lab at St. Jude to being married in Memphis I fondly call Memphis home. Memphis will always be home to me no matter where I lay my head at night.

Memphis was also home to The Memphis Belle. The Memphis Belle was the nickname of a Boeing B-17 flying Fortress during the WWII. It was the first United States Army Air Forces heavy bomber to complete 25 combat missions with its crew intact. The aircraft and crew were able to return home to the US. (Did I mention I have a degree in history)?

I hope you enjoy my blog and leave me lots of comments! Thanks for stopping by and visiting.

No comments: