Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Weight Watchers Wednesday

In an attempt to be a more consistent blogger I thought I would start a weekly series called Weight Watchers Wednesday. It will be about my journey on Weight Watchers, recipes, and anything else I can think of related to Weight Watchers.

I've done Weight Watchers before and did really well until I got pregnant. I have a 5 month old baby girl and lots of baby weight. I decided when I went back to work I would start Weight Watchers again. So, on April 9 I got back on the wagon. I've lost 12 pounds so far. I'm still a far cry from my goal weight of 135 pounds but at least I'm moving in the right direction.

I love Weight Watchers Points Plus. It's so easy. If I want a big fat cheeseburger or pizza or donuts I can have them. I just log their Points Plus value and then adjust what I eat the rest of the day. I don't feel deprived at all like I did on other diets.

I tend to cook more on Weight Watchers which is fine because I actually like cooking and I love baking. A lot of the recipes I use come from 2 websites, Weight Watchers and Gina's Skinny Taste Recipes . I love the Skinny Taste recipes because Gina includes all the nutritional information including the Points Plus values. It makes tracking my daily points so easy. I've posted her Low Fat Onion Rings and Taco Chili/Soup . Her website is my go to website for recipes.

Since I decided last night I would start this series I don't have any pictures to post of the recipes I've made lately. Instead, I'll post my new favorite recipe from Skinny Taste...Stuffed Pepper Soup .


Gina takes amazing pictures!
Stuffed Pepper Soup
Servings: 6 • Size: 1 1/3 cups soup, 1/2 cup rice • Points+: 7 pts


Ingredients:
  • 3 cups cooked brown rice
  • 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
  • 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
  • 1 cup finely diced onion
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 cans (14.5 oz each) cans petite diced tomatoes
  • 1 3/4 cups tomato sauce
  • 2 cups reduced sodium, fat-free chicken broth
  • 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste

Directions:

In a large pot, brown ground meat on high heat and season with salt. Drain fat if any, reduce heat to medium-low, then add peppers, onions and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes on low heat.

Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, marjoram and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Serve about 1 1/3 cups of soup in each bowl and top with 1/2 cup cooked brown rice.


Soup with rice (Keith doesn't like rice but he always eats rice with this soup)


What are your favorite Weight Watchers recipes?

1 comment:

Val said...

This is such a great soup.