Monday, May 14, 2012

Spaghetti Pie

Our neighbors had a baby girl last week so I took them dinner Saturday. This was the first meal I've cooked in a week or so since we did some work in our kitchen. I decided I would make spaghetti pie, salad, bread, and key lime pie since the new dad loves key lime pie and the new mom loves spaghetti.

 This picture is from the Sargento website because I forgot to take one with my camera.

Spaghetti Pie


  • 6 oz. spaghetti, cooked
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 eggs, well beaten
  • 3/4 cup (3 oz.) parmesan cheese divided
  • 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese (you can use cottage cheese but I prefer ricotta)
  • 1 cup pasta sauce
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese


  • Cook the spaghetti like you normally would and then toss the cooked spaghetti with the olive oil in a large bowl.
    Stir in the eggs and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Pour spaghetti mixture into greased 10-inch pie plate; form into a crust.

    Spoon ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese) over spaghetti crust. Top with pasta sauce. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 25 minutes. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cool 10 minutes before cutting. (You cut/slice it like a pie)

    I've been making this for years. I got the recipe from a former boss who found it on the Sargento website.

    No comments: