Monday, May 14, 2012

My First Mother's Day

Today is my first Mother's Day. I knew I would be excited but I didn't realize just how excited I would be on Sunday morning.


Saturday Molly and I went shopping for something for me to wear. I wanted a pink hat (I love hats...I get that from my mom. I wear hats to church. Hats aren't just for horse races). I wanted to wear pink on my first Mother's Day since I had a baby girl (plus, Molly was going to be wearing pink as well). While we were shopping we had several people stop us and tell me how beautiful Molly was and that she smiled with her eyes. It was strange to her people tell me "Happy Mother's Day".

I woke up before Keith and Molly and took my shower. I was so excited it was Mother's Day that as soon as I got out of the shower I went to Molly's room to get her. She was just waking up. I love being the one who gets to get her out of bed. I love to see her smile and get excited when I walk into her room and she sees me first thing. I love unwrapping her out of her swaddle and watching her stretch.

Molly gave me her gift which was a necklace from Tiffany and Company. Keith and Molly gave me another necklace that says "I Love You to the Moon and Back." I've been telling Molly that since the day she was born.



I received cards from Keith, Molly, my mom and dad, and my brother.





I love these two cards. The one on the left is from my mom but the baby on the card looks so much like Molly, especially the long eyelashes. The card on the right is my 1st Mother's Day card from Molly.


Today was a great and special day! I will never forget today! I'm so blessed to have such a happy, healthy, and beautiful baby! God has truly blessed me beyond my wildest dreams.



Molly also turned 5 months old today AND had cereal for the first time. I'll do a separate post for each of those things later this week.

2 comments:

Val @ It's Always Sunny in Somerville said...

What a doll baby! Happy Mother's Day!

Lauren said...

came over from Kelly's Korner...my baby girl Elyse is 5 months old as well and also got me that same card! you guys are too cute! hope you had a fabulous mother's day!