Monday, October 1, 2012

Mom's Potato Salad

One of my all time favorite foods that my mom makes is her potato salad (my favorite is the turkey she makes on Thanksgiving).  It is always requested at all holidays and family gatherings. I was craving her potato salad the other day so I called her to get the recipe and the response I got from my mom was "Oh, I don't have a recipe. I just wing it." So, after a little coaxing I got some sort of "recipe" from her. It's super easy and you can adjust it to your taste which works out great since there really isn't a recipe.

Mom's Potato Salad
Red Potatoes (they are more firm when cooked and will not fall apart when stirring unlike other types)
Jar of Pimentos
Onions
Green Bell Pepper
Mayonnaise (just enough to mix everything together - maybe a cup)
Mustard (just enough to give the salad a little color - maybe a tablespoon)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Wash, peel, and cube the potatoes. Boil the potatoes until you can stick a fork in them. Do not boil until they are soft because you need the potatoes to be a little firm  (because when you stir everything together you want potato salad not mashed potato salad). Drain the potatoes and let them cool for a little bit. Add all the ingredients to you liking. Stir. Enjoy!


No comments: